tirsdag 15. november 2016

5. Topic of choice (Anna Karoline)

Liam Mooney 

      I found our mini excursion to the Anna Karoline cargo ship to be pretty cool. Just seeing the huge size of this ship really impressed me, especially when noting how it was build in the late 1800’s. I tried to imagine the reality of being a man on board and constantly dealing with challenges (demanding steering technique, visual assistance needed from man perched up top, etc.) during the long journey down to Bergen. Lots of the technology that makes transport and shipping so easy and routine today were non-existent back in those days, which really caused me to admire the capabilities of these boat builders and crew members.  

            I also found Petter’s explanation of the preservation and future display of the massive Anna Karoline to be interesting. Particularly, the grey area of debate focused on the rebuilding vs. repairing of historical artifacts. Regardless, I feel that this will serve as a very historic and noteworthy exhibit for the inhabitants of Bodø and visitors alike.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar